CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

joi, 7 octombrie 2010

Sheer happiness

Sheer happiness... Till now, I believed that sheer happiness means a collection of moments that appear every once in a while. I never thought it could be the background feeling, the one that is always present, no matter what I'm doing, no matter how I'm reacting to different situations, no matter what else is happenning around.


Yesterday I was back in that enironment. I attended Big Build in Beius and together with international volunteers from Northern Ireland I worked on the interior insulation of a 1 room apartment. It was amazing to see around 150 people from Northern Ireland, UK, USA and Romania working hard in order to build 12 homes in 1 week. It was amazing to be part of them and build with them. It was amazing to meet people in their 60s or 70s that volunteer with Habitat for decades. And it was definitely useful to understand how to soundproof a room :)

I love what Habitat offers me. I got to know great persons, meet new friends and see the impact of our activities on the volunteers and the partner families. I was challenegd and I learned so many things related to people, event planning, cultural differences and building houses. Definitely, Habitat is an organization where I belong and for which I will be working in the near future (it may be in Cluj, Bratislava or a country somewhere in Africa or Asia).

Just writing about it and remembering made me feel happy again. wooow!

0 comentarii: