CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

vineri, 16 ianuarie 2009

Change agents

I am a member of an organization which is suppossed to create change agents. Still, from the very first day I understood that, I kept asking myself what is a true change agent (of course, the easiest answer is "it depends")? After many conversations about the topic, many thoughts, some movies and feeling extremly frustrated about the topic, I finally figured out how do I think a change agent looks like/acts. So, in bullets:

  • he/she has an active involvement in the positive development of the people around him/her
  • he/she is a leader (at least informal leader, it's not necessary to have a formal leadership position)
  • he/she has an active and constant contribution to solve important, urgent and real problems of the society where he/she lives/travels
  • he/she has a set of values and principles and lives his/her life according to them
  • he/she is a double bagger
  • he/she is considered a role model
  • he/she has a clear understanding of politics, economics and history
  • he/she is aware of cultural differences and manages to use them in his/her advantage
  • he/she is a responsible, humble and brave person
  • he/she is a person that is passionate about what he/she is doing
  • he/she is a person that loves a significant other or friends or family or random people or cats or dogs or etc.

So this is how a change agent should look like in my opinion. It may not be complete nor fair, but it's my opinion and this is what I am striving for. I was so sick of thinking that a change agent is some sort of hero, something pretty much unattainable by most mortals. So yes, now I have established what I am going to. All I have to do is continue walking on the path I have started because I am on the right way.

0 comentarii: