CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

sâmbătă, 10 noiembrie 2007

distance

One of the words that describes me pretty well is "change". I like to change often the environment around me, to change my look, the way I act around people. Generally, I manage change successfully.

However, there is one type of change that I really don't like... And it takes me so long to accept it. It's about the distance between me and my friends that sometimes appears because of external factors. I don't like it, I try to respect it, but it's so hard for me to do it without a negative attitude. I'm pretty much aware that I should be more supportive and try not to take it personally, but there comes a time when it pops into my mind that friendship is a two ways street.

Looking back at the beginning of the summer, at my dreams back then I realise that now some of them came true. Unfortunately, it's not at all what I expected. More than that, the situation that I have to handle now makes me feel guilty. Guilty because I feel that at some point those around me were hypocrites just because they had to stick to the initial plan and didn't have the guts to do what they actually want. Now, this doesn't happen anymore. However, something else appeared: the distance....

And again it pops into my mind something I was thinking one night at Semenic... I resent the person that did this to what I wanted. Hopefully, the energy I have when it comes to working in AIESEC or for school will make me forget the feelings I have right now... Things will be better... I just have to find the resources inside me to smile sincerely, to respect and to understand.

1 comentarii:

Roxana spunea...

i am sorry, probably i cannot see the way this affects you. yet, i don't wanna still make you be part of this and just try to save myself for complete. things will get better. and special friends will always remain so...because something made them special to you. and yes, it is about understanding and respect...your friend roxi is having a hard time now. she needs to be on her feet again soon and to make this alone...the way she can...i really hope you understand and forget.
i resent what i do but i know that this is the way i can pass through the storm.