CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

vineri, 28 decembrie 2007

A leader I know


I kept thinking these days about leaders. Who they are, how they are, what they do and most important what is the impact they have. And I realised that the best example lives right here, with me. It's my mami.

I took advantage of this time home and I talked more and more with her about her, not about me. And I was so happy to see a person that is truely dedicated to what she does, that actually inspires the people with whom she works, that she teaches the others and knows how to put in value the strenghts of the epople she works with. I always knew my mami is a very nice person that everybody likes but I never perceived her as a leader. However, this week that I spent home, while talking to her and people that work with her I realised that she is truely amazing.

What I like the most about mami is that she keeps a balance: a balance between being people oriented and results oriented, a balance between friendship and professional relation, a balance between her family and work. When I was a little girl (as every spoiled kid) I wanted my parents all for myself and I was so upset when they didn't come home at 5 o'clock that I refused afterwards to tell them that I need them, so I kind of pushed them apart. Only now, looking back, I realise that my mami is not a workaholic person, but is a person who actually managed to raise a kid (who turned up pretty good, I say ;) ) and also have a career.

Leaders make changes... She didn't change a situation, she changed the people. She actually discovered that good thing that lies in every person with whom she worked , focused on tahat and helped them develop. I admire here for this (mainly because I'm not able to do it). She's that kind of person who gives a second chance and makes sure that the person who receives it values it and uses it fully. Yesterday it was St. Stephen and she recieved tones of flowers. This is what she likes the most (I'm her daughter and I have to admit that in my dreamworld everytime is my birthday I receive maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany flowers) and this is what makes her happy. I think I spent last night the most precious moments with mami when when we arranged the flowers and talked about what happened lately at work or with my family.

0 comentarii: